I’ve had the insane luck of visiting Paris twice in the last year or so, and it has left an indelible mark on me. It’s tough to find words to describe how alive I feel when I’m there. A million little things contribute to it: the dusty grey rooftops, the swollen clouds, the smell of melting butter, the furrowed brows, the green flashing pharmacy signs, the clinking of wine glasses and cutlery, the blending vowels drifting in and out of my ears. The way I feel like I’m on Mars, and also like I’ve spent all the dreams of my life wandering these streets. The interiors and architecture are completely inspired and I’ve always wanted to decorate a space in that particular Parisian way. Even though 60% of my decor style is California/bright/modernism, the other 40% is definitely made up of my daydreams of someday having an apartment in the City of Light.
(BTW, on my most recent trip to Paris I stayed in an Airbnb in Batignolles that blew me away. The block was bustling, the building was charming, and the decor details inside were even more gorgeous than the photos. Here is a link to the place, if you’re curious and would like to stay there - I can’t recommend it enough!)
There are a few particular clusters of genius within Parisian decorating - and I dream of incorporating a little of all of them into my home someday. (Assuming I ever am able to own a home… #Millenialproblems.)
Offbeat Lighting & Fireplaces